You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Staff Strife

[+1] [-1]

Subject: A Journey of Strife
Strife [strahyf]
-noun
1. vigorous or bitter conflict, discord, or antagonism: to be at strife.
2. a quarrel, struggle, or clash: armed strife.
3. competition or rivalry: the strife of the marketplace.
4. Archaic. strenuous effort.
5. Spammer...

On that day... some odd 200 days ago, a young warrior by the name of DarkSovereignSE wandered into the Westlands. He had heard tales of legendary warriors who dominated these lands; warriors with enough power to demolish other warriors thousands at a time, without even stopping to consider it. This did not slow down the new warrior. If anything, it fueled him and his goal to make a name for himself in a land as harsh as this. Before starting on his journey to the Westlands he learned much about them from an old friend. His friend was Yoshimitzu, of the legendary clan of Legions of the Dark Sovereign. DarkSovereignSE had visited the Westlands once before (with a different name) with his friend Yoshimitzu, but unfortunately could not handle it. After some time to recover from the strain these lands brought on his body and mind he decided to tackle them again. By this time, his friend Yoshimitzu had grown weary of the lands himself and was forced to leave them forever. When he left he took many stories that he shared with DarkSovereignSE. Most importantly he shared the tales of the Legions. With the information he had learned, the young warrior changed his name to DarkSovereignSE in honor of what would hopefully be his future home. Yoshimitzu seemed to have retired from the lands forever...

DarkSovereignSE[/b "I've finally made it. This journey has been one of endurance and pure will to succeed. There... within range of sight lies the clan of my fallen friend. There before me lies... The Legions of the Dark Sovereign."

DarkSoverignSE made his way to the entrance of the clan. He easily gained access at the mention of his good friend Yoshimitzu. A young man made his way to DarkSovereignSE and spoke to him in an authoritative tone.

???[/b "Welcome new warrior, to the Legions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be assuming the position of leader of this clan very soon."

DarkSovereignSE paused for a moment remembering all the stories he had heard of the female leader of this clan. Alexia_Huff, the magical warrior. Slayer of many...

DarkSovereignSE[/b "My first day here in these lands and I have been welcomed with open arms. When it comes to the clan... I've already learned the ropes. When it comes to everything else about this place... I may need some help."

???[/b "Well, first off... you may call me Gildornish*. As far as surviving... we shall definitely get you started on camping."

DarkSovereignSE[/b "Cam...ping? Then I will start a fire!"

Gildornish*[/b "LOL NOOB!, that's not what I meant!"

DarkSovereignSE[/b "Ex... Excuse my ignorance, Sir."

Gildornish* raised an eyebrow at the young warrior... "Can't he take a joke?"

Gildornish*[/b "Never mind it young warrior... for now make your way around the clan and introduce your self to some of the other Warriors."

DarkSovereignSE obeyed his new mentor and began to search around the clan for signs of any other warrior. To his surprise he did not find many...

DarkSovereignSE[/b "What is this... could I have gotten mixed up? Is this not the place?... But... no... they recognized the name Yoshimitzu. Where are all the great Warriors I was told of?"

??? "They are gone. All of them."

DarkSovereignSE turned his attention to the lone warrior sitting in a chair.

DarkSovereignSE[/b "Hello Warrior... I am DarkSovereignSE... may I ask your name?"

???[/b "The name is Dakman, and I serve this clan."

DarkSovereignSE[/b "It is an honor sir"

DarkSovereignSE bowed before Dakman.

Dakman[/b "Get up, don't waste your energy on me... and aren't you the least bit interested as to where all the warriors have gone?"

DarkSovereignSE immediately got up. Too embarrassed to say anything, he nodded.

Dakman[/b "Well, then perhaps you should check over there."

Dakman pointed to a wall (clan forums). DarkSovereignSE made his way to the wall. As he approached it he felt the strength of every warrior who's name was ever written on the wall at one time or another.

DarkSovereignSE[/b "At last! Proof of the existence of these mighty warriors! I don't see them around now... when will they return sir Dakman?"

Dakman[/b "They won't"

DarkSovereignSE felt a jolt of fear shoot through his spine. That was not an answer he was ready for. Just as he was about to shoot off a plethora of questions, he was interrupted by the sounds of trumpets. DarkSovereignSE drew his weapon he had obtained from Gildornish*.

DarkSovereignSE[/b "Is it a fight? I'm ready!"

DarkSovereignSE was not ready...

Dakman[/b "Easy... those are not sounds of war... our leader will finally speak. Follow me."

DarkSovereignSE followed Dakman as they made their way to the mob of gathering warriors. It was silent. Everyone was looking in one direction... everyone but DarkSovereignSE. He looked around at all the warriors, wondering why they all wore the same dumbfounded expression. "What are you all looking a...a...a... DarkSovereignSE immediately bowed. There was no mistaking it. It was the legendary warrior, Alexia_Huff.

Alexia_Huff[/b "Dearest Legions... it is my deepest regret to inform you that I shall be leaving these lands... for good. Before you begin to worry about the clan, do not; for I have found an excellent leader to replace me."

Out from the shadows came a familiar face to DarkSovereignSE.

Gildornish*[/b "Hello warriors. I am Gildornish*. I will do my best to serve you all and this clan. Thank you Alexia, for this opportunity."

Alexia_Huff smiled a warm smile at Gildornish* as if to say "you're welcome".

Alexia_Huff[/b "I'm sure you are all wondering what my reason is for leaving. The simple truth is... change."

The crowd remained silent and confused

Alexia_Huff[/b "These lands... these wicked lands... are not ones I remember. There are too many things (Ultras, AP Eaters, Elements) going on that make me lose interest in these lands. As you may have noticed, there are many warriors who were once a part of this awesome clan, who are now gone. They felt the same way."

DarkSovereignSE suddenly remembered the "changes" that his friend Yoshimitzu had spoken of.. "Could they be this bad"?

Alexia_Huff[/b "So... there you have it. That is why I can no longer remain a part of this clan, or these lands... Please join me in welcoming your newest leader... Gildornish*!"

The crowd once again remained silent, and completely unmotivated. DarkSovereignSE looked around at the small mob of warriors who were so completely empty of emotion. He wanted to cheer, but he did not want to be the only one...

Alexia frowned at Gildornish*... "Good Luck"

Over the next couple of days DarkSovereignSE learned from Gildornish* and Dakman. He spent a lot of free time wandering these treacherous lands. One day he discovered a wall (forums) similar to the one in his clan. This amazing wall contained the names of countless warriors. The best part was that these warriors were not necessarily all from the same clan, and still seemed to get along. The name of one warrior caught his eye... "Rinoa89". He found her very interesting and felt it would be an honor to get to know her better. She was already a much more experienced warrior than he was... Would she even talk to him? Acknowledge him? He overcame the bothersome questions and attempted to make friends... to his surprise she openly accepted. Around the same time DarkSovereignSE got to meet other very important friends. He met his next friend, Swift_Justice as they shared the same sense of humor, and quickly became friends based on that. Soon DarkSovereignSE had become addicted to visiting this wall. Meeting all the amazing people and befriending them was a great distraction from the happenings in his clan. After spending a dangerous amount of time at this wall, he headed home to the Legions. Things were not good. There were almost no warriors left, and those who were still there, where completely unmotivated. DarkSovereignSE got to using his newly found skills (spam) from the public wall, on the private wall within his clan. Every day he would speak motivational speeches for his clan members and try to regain their interests. Considering the fact that not one of clan mates had completely accepted the changes in the lands (No one payed for the game) it was fairly difficult to spark that flame of interest within the crippled souls of the warriors.

DarkSovereignSE[/b "Foolish! How foolish of me to think that an unskilled inexperienced warrior as my self could even gain the acknowledgment of these warriors! I hold no authority in which they should respect. What was I thinking... there is nothing left for me to do. Should I... leave? For my age, I am a decent warrior... a good enough warrior for any clan to have... NO!.. What am I saying? This is not like me... LDS is... my home... I can not... I can't desert it."

Gildornish*[/b "It is too bad you feel that way... now I know I was right to do what I am about to do."

DarkSoverignSE[/b "Master nish!... I apologize for my words... I promise I did not mean them! I will stay with LDS until I am absolutely certain I can no more!"

Gildornish*[/b "Again... joke... lighten up. T_______T. I've taken notice of your commitment and honor to the clan. I wanted to offer you a position of authority (MB Officer) among it. Do you accept?"

DarkSovereignSE remained in shock. "Joke?... uh... heh... heh..." DarkSovereignSE broke out into laughter before Gildornish*."

Gildornish*[/b "I will take that as a yes."

Over the next couple of weeks, through his newly found position of power, DarkSovereignSE had managed to grab the attention of a few key warriors in the clan. Meanwhile Gildornish* had begun to host competitions from within the clan for those who could get the most kills and put LDS on top. The warriors fought ferociously and bravely in the upper ven. Although they did not succeed on a larger scale... they had succeeded internally. The clan had finally managed to come together, even if it was only two or three warriors, it was a start. Soon... it was time for DarkSovereignSE to receive a promotion (ranks officer). Things were good for DarkSovereignSE on a personal level. He had two great friends, and a soon to come third great friend. On a more external level, everything was a challenge. Trying to keep the interest of the newly motivated clan members, while awaiting the reinforcement of new members proved harder than it sounded. One day he paid a visit to the public wall (forums) He found something rather odd... a contest of some sort held by a warrior named LordOfDarkness. It was around this time that his friendship with Anonymous had finalized. DarkSovereignSE had seen Anonymous around, but for some reason never realized how awesome he was . So with the easily formed friendships of Rinoa89, and Swift_Justice, and the newly formed friendship of Anonymous, things once again seemed good. Soon after befriending Anonymous, DarkSovereignSE was thinking of a name change.

DarkSovereignSE[/b "It's probably best that I change my name... I feel as if having this name makes me own LDS... and I don't. I'm sure if I think this way, then maybe other members of the clan will as well. They've been here a lot longer than me. Why should I hold the honor of the Clans name as my own?"

On that day DarkSovereignSE officially changed his name to ShinigamiLordSE. With his new circle of friends, Rinoa89, Swift_Justice, and Anonymous, ShingamiLordSE was more interested in the Westlands than ever. He loved the interaction with other warriors and the general good times he had with all of his friends... especially Rinoa89, Swift_Justice, and Anonymous . ShingamiLordSE realized how lucky he was to have met these warriors and decided to build a shrine to honor them all. The shrine of "The Fantastic 4-ums" was erected, and stands to this day, and forever shall stand till the end of time .

To be continued...

Time Posted: February 19 2009 02:48 am EST
Last updated: February 26 2009 05:49 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: