You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

St_Winterheart

[+1] [-1]

Subject: CHAPTER 1. Trouble.
I think this wasn't in my job description.

Princess Trinity tried to catch her breath, squealing in laughter after I’ve finally trapped her in a corner of the castle kitchen. In one hand she held my Contract, no doubt stolen from her parent's chambers.

My contract wasn't supposed to be a big deal; after all, I only provided worthless information about me in that piece of paper. Until this brat made it personal when she read the question about whether the applicant is knowledgeable about "cooking", and my handwritten reply was "No".

“Wait, don’t kill me!!! No one's going to teach you how to cook anymore!” She held her hands up, laughing hysterically.

“How many times do I have to tell you-- vampires. Don't. COOK!” I stabbed my sword down on the floor, struggling for breath myself. Chasing this brat is no easy task, so by the time I finally caught her I was already in the mood to murder someone.

I savored every step as I slowly walked closer, the Unrepentant in my right hand, the Unforgiven in the left. This is a rare victory, since this is the tenth chase we've had today and most of our chases end up with Trinity escaping. I am practically bleeding to get even.

Her laughter is destroying the mood, though.

"Why are you so angry at me? It's not my fault that you're 200 years old and you can't even boil noodles..! You're such a wussy..." she waved my contract in the air.

"SHUT UP!! Vampires don't eat noodles, we KILL LITTLE PRINCESSES LIKE YOU AND DRINK YOUR BLOOD!!" I took one step closer.

The kindly old Nanny at the stove just chuckled at us, probably used to seeing such a scene. If this kid had other Infantas before, I bet this routine happens to them every morning. Now that I think about it, I remember somebody saying that I was the 23rd person to hold this job.

"And why are you wearing all-black? Where's the funeral?"

"I can arrange for yours, you little BRAT!!!" Seething, I raised my hands to grab her.

"Naaaa~~ I'll tell mom you wanna kill me! MOOOMM!!! SHE WANTS TO KILL ME!!"

For a split second I was caught off guard, wondering what I'd tell the Queen if she hears this brat wailing. The princess saw an opening and quickly slipped from her corner, running across the Hall of Tranquility and into the Royal Chambers.

"MOOM!!! Chill said she'd kill me and suck my blood!!!"

I cursed under my breath. No, I’m sure this wasn’t in my job description. I ran after her towards the Hall of Tranquility, my cape billowing behind me.

I saw the Queen emerge from the Royal Chambers. I banished my swords and stopped my full-speed sprint. My feet slid smoothly across the marbled floor, coming to a full halt at the Queen's feet.

"Your Majesty!" I instinctively genuflected in reverence. "I-- I apologize, the princess is--"

"Is the princess giving you a hard time?" Queen Escorpia asked kindly. "I know she can be quite mischievous--"

"N-No! Not at all!" I blurted out. "We were-- playing chase, that's all."

The princess looked at me with embarrassment, then raspberried at me. Why you ungrateful--

"I see. And this?" She showed me my contract. "Would you know how the princess got her hands on this contract? I believe I didn't give you a copy, and I am missing mine."

Trinity looked at me, her bright eyes suddenly wide with fear and panic.

"I--" I thought fast. "I took it from your room, your Majesty. I wanted... to take a look at it one more time. Forgive my insolence."

"Admirable." I could hear her smile in her words. "Your first day as the Princess' guardian, and you already have the instinct to protect her, no matter what she does to you."

I could feel the princess staring at me. Happy now, you little brat??

"However," The queen spoke again. "I saw Trinity take it from my room."

I choked, and I think I heard the princess choke at the same time.

"Don't worry, I intended to give it to you anyway. Still, I think there's more to you than what your contract says..."

I heard the Queen sigh, and when she spoke again her tone was dark, sad. "I see dark times ahead for all of us. And this kingdom will need all the help it can get... do you think I can count on you, Chill?"

Nobody else but the brat calls me "Chill"; It was a court rule to address everyone [except the Royal Family] by the family name.

I am not sure if the Queen just forgot the formalities, but that only meant she was very deeply troubled. From the corner of an eye I saw Trinity staring up at her, and she didn't look too happy with what she saw either. I wanted to look up and see the Queen's face, wondering why she suddenly sounded so sad. But I thought it wiser to keep my eyes down and at her skirt.

No Signature

Time Posted: February 5 2009 03:11 pm EST
Last updated: February 5 2009 03:11 pm EST

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: