You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Arianna

[+1] [-1]

Subject: The Stonecastle Family (My Side of the Story)
I was raised by a family who rejected my natural tendency toward magic. In an attempt to hide the fact from townspeople, my parents tried to raise me as an archer. However, I was uninterested and wanted to pursue my natural gifts. Not only that, but I was hopeless as an archer. I never realized that I also had the ability to control fire and ice. Although there were certain unexplained events in my childhood, I never made the connection until recently.

As I grew older the townspeople began to see that I was different from other girls and they began calling me a witch. I couldn't understand what was so "dark" about healing animals. Then one day the townspeople threatened my family with death by fire. I had to think fast, so one night I packed a small bag containing only the dagger engraved with the family crest I stole from under my father's bed, a locket I took from the cellar which bore a different crest, and a few days worth of food. I knew the dagger would become useful once I entered the woods, but the only use I could think would come out of the locket was to sell it for gold. It was in my journey that my life would become clear to me.

I traveled through the woods, for what seemed like an eternity, until I stumbled into the the next town. I quickly found my way to the tavern where met a pirate named Raider. He took me to meet his captain. The captain was a very charming man, and he welcomed me warmly. So I joined the pirates on their ship for a short time and felt that I was home... at least until I found out that my life had all been a lie.

While the ship was docked at a port city, the pirates were celebrating the acquisition of a new ship, I quite literally bumped into a man who claimed to know that I was his daughter. At first I didn't believe him. How could I? I knew perfectly well who my parents were. But then I noticed a locket he wore around his neck. As I reached up to touch the locket, I could hear my heart pounding in my chest. In that moment, I knew he was telling the truth, before he uttered another word.

I wondered what my life would have been like if I had never been separated from my true family. As I listened in awe to this man I had never met, he revealed my own life to me. I had no idea that her mother had died in childbirth, I had always believed the people who raised me were parents. Come to find out, they were really my grandparents. They had never even told me that my mother existed. I was raised to believe I was an only child. It was as if they had erased Gabriella, my mother, from their lives. How could they completely forget they had once had a daughter, my mother?

Before I could take another shaky breath the man standing before me was asking me to come with him to meet his father, my grandfather, before he passed away. My father wanted my help in ruling his kingdom. I was not used to the thought of being royalty, I was just a runaway girl hiding on a pirate ship.

The pirates. How could I leave the pirates? They had helped me so much and been so kind to me. What a fine way to repay them.

I led my father to the pirate ship and spoke with the captain about the possibility of me leaving. The captain told my father that I was free to leave as I pleased, but that my departure would leave an unfulfillable void. He pulled me aside and asked if this was what I really wanted. When I gave him a determined "yes" he said, "You have brought life back to my ship and my crew. We will sorely miss you, but if you must go please know that you will always have a home here."

With those final words, I left the pirates forever and followed my father to Stonecastle Keep, where her grandfather was on his deathbed.

I was still overwhelmed with mixed emotions when we approached my grandfather. He was so small and fragile looking. He beckoned for me to move closer and whispered in a raspy voice, "My Dear, you look just as you mother did... last I set eyes on her." Then he turned to my father and said, "It is up to you, son, to rule this kingdom." He reached for his son's hand and with his last breath said, "Take care of this kingdom, as I have. Keep our family name alive."

I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. I was crying for a man I had just met. I cried for the memories I would never have of my grandfather, the years I had missed with my true father, and the mother I would never know.

Time Posted: January 10 2009 04:33 pm EST
Last updated: August 4 2009 09:51 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: