You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Idi Amin DADA

[+1] [-1]

Subject: This updates doesnt make much sense to me
Just like the under level 5 protection doesnt make any sense either.

Why would there be a special protection at those level? I speculate that there existed a level 5 protection to prevent new players from being butchered before getting some game experience.
Unfortunately, this approach fails because not all level 5 are newbies, and people were taking advantage of the protection to mass murder new players level 1-5.
The 3 days protection zone is a much better safety layout for new players. This level 5 thing is useless, now.

Along the same lines, players below level 29 having special benefits doesnt make sense. This game is very linear, we get stronger at every level. I dont see how this can be an issue when people level 23 will still be killed by players level 24-29 under normal conditions. It will be rather irritating to find players level 29 who are old enough to be stronger than anyone else, and therefore unbeatable. This thought alone is much more agonizing than the thought that I might get beaten more easily by players with custom weapons above level 30 as I enter their level range. In sum, why is it a burden to be defeated by a player level 30? If he doesnt kill me, a level 29 will.

Moreover, people moving from level 49 to 50 also have an incredibly huge advantage being in possession of +30 rings. It adds up a total of 40 AP difference from the preceding ring [(30-10)*2], it is the equivalent of 13 levels boosting up (40/3 AP=13). Therefore, should there be a protection zone for players below level 49 as well? How about level 99? Then the game is divided in fractions, and the level distribution curve is completely uneven.

If people are whinnying about being killed and threatening to leave the game, they are missing the main concept. Why make such a big deal about being killed when you lose virtually nothing?

The only real competition this game offers is the clan battle ranks. All the others are fairly static, whoever is in the chart for the top level, strength, defence, agility, etc, tend to remains there for a long time. Clan Battle Rank is dynamic and therefore more attractive, so there will be killing one way or the other.

I concluded that there must be people who dont want any part of battle ranks, and just shooting for chat and forest activities. Instead of adding impulsive updates that only partially medicates the situation, I would propose something more global.

Say, how about everyone is under a protection zone that is broken for 30 days if you declare your willingness to participate on PvP battle? This option could be part of the account option, and once it is set you cant change it for the next 30 days (battle month). Players who are pacifists and dont want any bloodshed can enjoy the forest, chatting, and other attraction with no fear of being killed.

Another possible solution would involve fixing the power of custom weapons such that they remain advantageous but also competitive relative to the normal weapons.

No Signature

Time Posted: March 16 2008 11:34 am EDT
Last updated: March 21 2008 06:00 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: