You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

St_Winterheart

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Epilogue: the post to end all posts
I was just away for several hours and was pleasantly surprised that there have been several responses to my posts regarding Seafaring.

Before I start, I would like to again express my deep gratitude to Feltash for giving back our fishing stuff. That action spoke louder than all the words ever posted in this godforsaken thread.

TO OTHER ADMINS: I apologize if you thought that my posts were aimed each and every one of you. I never meant to do that. Our guild has an admin for a member, a very good person whom I wouldn't dare disrespect. I have also been in touch with sir skywalking, who took his time to teach me right from wrong early in the game. The shield that your name bears authority as far as I'm concerned, something that I salute to as a player of the game.

I NEVER implied that ALL ADMINS had it easy. I never said that all admins had typos. I never said that all admins don't care. I replied to the posts of a couple of Admins, adding their names to the quotes, because I didn't want OTHER ADMINS to think that I'm targeting them as well.

I replied to an admin, who posted "Im always looking forward to new things! New fishing should be fun!" So I posted, saying that I wondered whether he "actually tried clicking through the lumber mill... trapping forest... fishing casts EVERY DAY, 7 days a week, to save up all the gold needed to get fishing vessels. It also makes me wonder if you lost any vessels or fish or items at all with this new system. Finally, I'm wondering whether you have a lot of money, perhaps enough to buy a new warship complete with licenses and all." I was not implying that he has it easy compared to us, I am WONDERING. And am still WONDERING because his reaction was NOT the natural reaction of someone who lost A LOT OF STUFF AND WILL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO GET THEM BACK. My wonderings were prompted by his reactions that were STRANGELY AND TOTALLY OUT OF PLACE, compared to the angry mob asking where their stuff has gone.

Yes, I know that the post was placed there earlier than the rest of the messages in the thread. But then, and I'm not sure if I was the only one who noticed this, THERE IS AN EDIT OPTION FOR POSTS and that you CAN EDIT YOUR ANSWER TO FIT THE SITUATION. Please note too that EDITED POSTS MOVE UP THE THREAD TO LET OTHER PEOPLE KNOW THAT THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE IN YOUR STATEMENT. Which means, whether your statement was older or newer has no bearing since you could have changed it to make your post sound more appropriate according to the replies and reactions you get. But then again, what's the point of editing if you can DELETE a post, am I right?

In a subsequent post from another player, the admin in question stated that my posts were "open bashing for everything from Seafaring to Typos!” What "everything" is she referring to here? I mentioned “Seafaring" and "Typos", but that doesn't make it EVERYTHING, as if I complained about everything possibly complainable. This made it seem as if my complaints weren’t legitimate, as if I was complaining simply because I like whining, like a tantrum-throwing kid who screams if mommy couldn’t buy her candy.

She went on to say that "Admin statements were taken out of time and context from what they were replying to. And that post was the second (or third) installment of a very long rant - with not much to do with Seafaring itself."

Please tell me, what kind of rant were players saying at that time? It was probably a very heated rant that prompted an administrator to respond with a very insightful "Why dones *misspelling included* nobody notice it's called SEAFARING now. Not just Fishing anymore!!! Battles tooooooooo!"

And I was going to say, dear gentlemen, that THAT admin post was NOT a response to ANY rant... it was a post in itself, not meant as a reply to anything else. Of course, there is no way for me to prove this now since that admin's post has been conveniently deleted.

Another post stated that this particular admin was "Tired of complaints based on NOTHING." I have no idea if she felt that dozens of players in an uproar about their missing money and fishing vessels meant NOTHING to her, but hey, maybe it’s just me.

In the same post, the admin stated that "The most amazing thing about Seafaring coming out... was watching every immediate negative thing posted loudly - real or imagined. Not questions about how, where or why."

I am baffled why she would expect people to wait idly and calmly discuss how, where or why their fishing vessels and hard-earned fishing exp suddenly vanished. I suppose that if this administrator's bag was grabbed and forcibly taken away by a snatcher, she would stand there idly and analyze as to how her bag was stolen, where it was stolen or why it was taken from her, whereas the rest of us would humiliate ourselves with screaming "WHERE THE F*** ARE YOU TAKING MY BAG YOU **HOLE!" and scream bloody murder as we start running after the thief.

I could go on and on and on. But I won’t. You may reply, but I won’t respond. This is going to be my last post for this thread and I will go back to the safety of my guild’s castle where my guildmates would probably have me mop the floors and wipe windows again.

I again take my hat off to Feltash and the rest of the administrators who have nothing to do with this. I am sorry to bother you. I am happy now that I have my awesome warship back, floating magnificently in the docks, shining with white masts and a nasty 3000-gold’s-worth of hull damage at the sides [someone just freaking attacked me.] I will figure out fishing a little later, with my beloved clan’s help, and I am sure that I will soon forget about this entire post whereas all the other players, including the people I mentioned here, will read this post, think about those two administrators who did a very bad job of being administrators, and will spend the next several days probably wondering why they became administrators to begin with.

Adios.

No Signature

Time Posted: November 27 2008 01:27 am EST
Last updated: November 27 2008 10:48 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: