You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

brightjules

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Ultimate new player guide
i know there are probably hundreds of these, but i haven't seen one around in ages, so i decided to try to make one. i hope this helps new players understand how to play this game. if you see any errors in this text, do not hesitate to tell me, as i'm still new and no one can be 100% right on everything.

1) introduction.
2) fighting.
3) fishing.
4) mining.
5) outpost.
6) subscription or not?

1) introduction:

well, i'm slightly new at this game, my name is brightjules, and i'm a mage. as i forementioned, i'm new, but i understood the basic gist of the game and noticed at that point that i had made quite a few errors which took a bit to dig out of. for example, i leveled up too quickly, and i started my outpost all wrong. also, instead of making money on fishing, i was barely making 400 gold a day on it, the which i could not understand. all these subjects, and many more, will be touched in this guide, hopefully to help you avoid the errors i, and many others, have made.

2) fighting.

This is one of the biggest aspects of this game, as you may have guessed even before playing it. your fighting record is one of the biggest aspects of your profile, and the one people may be attracted towards most. there are four different fighting stats:
strength, agility, defense, and wisdom.

Strength is used for the power you use when you hit an opponent. simply, the higher your strength is, the higher the damage dealt to your opponent is every turn.

Agility is the speed you use when you attack an opponent. for example, if you have an agility way higher than an opponent, it's possible they will only get one or two hits in before you kill them, whereas you may get in, say, five.

Defense is the factor that decides how much damage your opponent hits you with. if you have a high defense, you may be hit with less damage every turn.

Wisdom is the hardest stat to comprehend. it is used to, well, use, magic spells, which you can buy at certain levels depending on your fighting style.

If you go to westland, you will see a little place that says "training facility" on it. go here every reset(note i said reset, not revive) and train your skills. it may seem like very little, but it builds up over time. there is an option in the training facility that says "seek advice". this option explains to you what each stat does and tells you how much in each stat you've gained since you started going to the training facility. in boot camps, these are the stats you are required to give, NOT the ones that appear on your profile.

****READ THIS****VERY IMPORTANT****

as a part of the knights of the rose, you can set an exp tax. this is to say that out of every batch of exp you get, a certain % goes to the clan as a donation. this is one of the best aspects of the game, as it allows camping, which means you can grow strong at a relatively low level. IT IS ADVISABLE TO STAY AWAY FROM THE FOREST AND/OR THE UPPER VEN UNTIL YOU ARE OUT OF BOOT CAMP. this way, you can get strong and serve the clan better.

When you are done paying off any loans you may have, it is avisable to buy some armor and weapons that suit your level.

this concludes the fighting section of my guide.

3) fishing.

ok. fishing is one of the best sources of money in the game, and probably the place where you get almost all of your money throughout the game.

When you first buy a fishing liscence, you may not see a great profit in fishing, so follow these guidelines:

borrow approximatedly 60,000 gold from one of the clan members (there are many who will loan that amount, don't worry). buy a fishing liscence, from the fishing shack. immediately go to the "rigs" section and buy the kayak. go to the "store" section and buy the following: the best rod there is. one sturdy line(don't worry, the sturdy line doesn't break). 99 SMALL hooks. 49 MAGGOTS. go to the "rigs" section again. click on the option that appears right next to the kayak. go to the "fishing" section and click on the items you bought. when you are done equipping everything, choose 5 as line length(you can really choose any, but this is my favorite) and FAST(this is advisable. in slow, every fish you catch counts as 2 casts). it may take some pacience, but keep in mind that it'll pay off. your fishing casts reset every time the game resets. BEAR IN MIND: if you want to buy something at the store, you must go to the "rigs" section and click "travel to lake". when your casts run out, go to the "shop" section and sell all your fish. every parrot fish is worth 210 gold, every snapper 180, and every seahorse 150. with this method you will be gaining approximatedly 5000 a reset. don't forget to replenish your supplies at the store after every fishing trip.

Every time you gain a fishing level, your total cast count goes up a few numbers. This means you can catch more fish, and make more money. oh, and one more thing. the only time you waste casts is when you actually catch a fish. all other reports only drain you of other things, as follows:

"you cast but didn't catch anything" doesn't burn up anything.

"the fish gobbled up your bait and broke your hook" burns up a maggot and a small hook.

Don't buy big hooks yet, as they require bolleys to function, and are for fishing different tipes of fish. you can get to that eventually, but i recommend starting out on this first.

Fishing liscences expire after 15 days, at which point you have to buy another one.

This concludes the fishing section, and i hope you have fun fishing.

4) mining:

Mining is a tedius part of the game, and one i, personally, am not particularly fond of.

to mine, you have to buy a pickaxe at the mining shop. after that, you equip the pickaxe in your inventory and go to "the mines". click on "enter level 1"(after 5 levels you can enter lvl 2). you will be given the option of buying a map to the mines for 100 gold. to make things easier, just buy the map.

moving around in the mine, you can see rocks on the map. when you position yourself on the square the rock is situated on, you will be give the option to dig. click on it. every time you "crack" the rock, you will be given 1 mining exp point. after 4 unsuccessful tries to get an ore out of the rock, you will "not even scratch the rock". this gives no exp whatsoever.

When you hit ore, you will randomly get one burelia ore or an alethite ore. each burelia ore you get will give you 3 mining exp. every alethite ore will give you 5.

When you reach level 30(real time, not mining), you can exchange ores and platinum at the "blacksmith" for customized weaponry and armor. a full suit of this costs approx. 900 mining points. every burelia ore you have counts for one point and every alethite counts for 2.

You can also try to make money off selling ores at the "ore market" in westland. the approximate value of the ores is not very high, but if selling in mass, you can still get a good price.

This pretty much concludes the mining section of this guide.

5) outpost:

the outpost mini-game is a small game within this large game we're playing.

the outpost minigame consists in trying to have the strongest outpost and earning tokens to both upgrade your outpost and for another use, which will later be explained in this guide.

starting out in the game, you are granted a level 1 outpost, with 1000 tokens. it is highly advisable to immediately go to the "mines" section of the outpost game and purchase a mine for 500 tokens. an outpost can have up to 10 troops and 10 barricades per upgrade level.

barricades are for the defense of your outpost, when you are attacked, if the number of barricades in your outpost is greater than that of the troops attacking you, you will win the battle.

troops are the opposite; they are the offense of your outpost. when attacking another outpost, if the number of troops you are using is greater than the barricades they have, you win the battle and an amount of tokens stolen from the opponent.

turns are like the energy of the outpost game. every revive you reveice 4 turns, and every reset 10. when you attack an opponent, you use up a turn. you also use a turn when you work in the mines. note that you earn more tokens attacking than in the mines, though when you have a high level outpost with many mines(you can only have one mine per outpost level), the amount of tokens you get from working in the mines can be profitable.

before each outpost upgrade, it is advisable to have the maximum amount of troops and barricades as possible, and also as many mines as you can have. it may seem slow, but it helps you have a well-rounded outpost, unlikely to fall prey to others.

Who to attack is entirely based on your opinion, as the number of tokens they possess is entirely random, depending on their activity or unactivity.

The other use for tokens mentioned earlier in the guide is food. you can buy food in the real game to replenish your hp and energy at the "food store", for relatively low prices. these are purchased only in tokens.

6) subscription or not?:

This is the last part of my guide, and it may help your choice of whether to buy a subscription or not.

Honestly, i think subscriptions are a waste of money. Yeah, sure, it'll help you in-game, but you can achieve everything a subscription offers with a lot of hard work in the game, without wasting any of your real money.

The profits of a subscription are seductive, but then think of the price they are. let's see...4.99 a month...that's 4.99X12 a year...59.88 dollars a year.

I do not wish to contradict or hurt the dark-warriors.com company with this post, i only wish to look out for my fellow companions in this great game.

Of course, your ultimate desicion whether to buy a subscription or not is entirely yours.

Thank you for reading this post, and i hope you have learned much about the game from it. I hope it helps you avoid any errors in your gameplay.

Sincerely, your fellow comrade,

-brightjules.

Time Posted: October 3 2008 08:15 pm EDT
Last updated: May 12 2010 03:53 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: