You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Edulahin

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Video Games and relationships
Gosh my gaming has brought me some uncomfortable moments in some relationships. Some of my GF said that I paid more attention to the game than them.

I did listen to all their troubles and gave opinion when needed; i never left them waiting for something they needed. I used to game while she was out with her friends or watching one of those annoying unrealistic romantic novels. I swear I saw some episodes cuddling with them just because I like to try to like the things she likes, to do it together.

I did notice that they were more demanding when i was gaming. You know, asking for little things she could totally do by herself. When the game had a pause I just do it. But sometimes it does not, so I asked her for a few minutes and then I would… and that was the precise moment they would get it them, self and start the nagging on how inattentive I was. Shallow speech since I do clean the house, cook wash the clothes, dam I share all the shores and even do handy work saving money in plumbing painting and such, and do it very well.
None of them seemed to care that gamming is an important part of my life and space, most of the time is the way I get rid of my daily frustrations, she likes to talk about it and I like to smash trolls and decapitate medieval fighters till I get over it or figure out how to solve them.
I even started to play multiplayer games so they could jump in if they wanted, some did and those I loved the most. Some just did not get it and though it was a waste of time.
One told me it was immature to play videogames, so I explained to her that the games I play are not for little kids, are designed for men my age and are very hard to play. (Who was her to judge anyway? she loved my little pony and Aquamarine was her favorite movie)
So for me gamin is part of my self and girl who wants to stay with me will have to accept it too even better if she wants to become a part of it. She should understand that when I’m playing a single player mode is an “I want some time alone now “sign. But if she were to sit next to me and just hug me or watch silently… I would stop that thing and kiss her so hard, because that girl is a girl who understands me. And this is not a secret because I tell them the way I feel.
Not like some girls who like to have us like mentalist trying to figure out the way their minds work. Although in general human are very basic and predictable each mind is a whole universe in those details, so is naïve to expect someone to just guess what we need them to do when we need it. That why I just tell it, and see if you care. Some girls think that the perfect man is going to know all that without having to ask or been told but that’s another topic.
Gaming and relationships fellows Dark Warriors, I would love to hear your thoughts about it. If you have read this far you already know mines.

Time Posted: September 10 2013 06:31 pm EDT
Last updated: September 10 2013 06:31 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: