You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Roger Ramjet

[+1] [-1]

Subject: I agree with some of
you assertions. It is based on common sense in some aspects and lets hope that the sense is common amongst those that administer it. Some offences are 'no brainers' but some are in the 'grey' area. Your reference to other on-line games is one that always made me wonder considering other games are clearly used as advertising here. I do not believe that you would be 'jailed' for merely mentioning about other on-line games (perhaps a polite reminder) but if you spammed people about those games then I would agree it would be a jailable offence. As yet I have not been jailed so I do not know if there is an 'appeal' system in place but if there is not I would question why not. Every democratic country gives the right of appeal to its citizens when they are accussed of breaking it laws.

I for one am not fond of laws that are very 'open' to interpretation like 'sprit of the game', 'community failure' as these can be used in negative ways. e.g. if you cannot be 'convicted' of a more basic rule infraction the people administering the law then say you have contravened the 'spirit of the law'. I know this from RL.

This is where the right of appeal can provide a counter balance to ensure at least a sense of fairness.

Anyway all said and done, I am not critising anyone who has this role in the game, just stating an opinion. As far as I can see at this time the rules of the game are administered evenly.

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress"

No Signature

Time Posted: August 12 2013 01:00 am EDT
Last updated: August 12 2013 01:00 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: