You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Quietude

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Hello from the PRC
Hi there Sipirit,
I'm writing you at the moment from Guangxi province in China.

I find your characterization of our standard of living a bit ignorant. China has a swiftly growing middle class currently numbering in the hundreds of millions that maintains a great standard of living. China also has the most rapidly growing infrastructure and development in our neck of the woods.

You may be interested to know as well that Chinese wages even for menial labor are well above $100 per month.

Aside from your ignorance and subtle racism, I also find your attack on Felt's management of the game off the mark. In fact he has other projects which I suspect to be much more lucrative than DW. It is my firm belief that DW survives to this day because Felt supports it for love of the game. No doubt there is some small income that comes from DW, but certainly this is not the reason someone of his talent keeps it open.

In order to avoid negative responses like mine, you can try approaching your suggestion in a more positive way. What if instead of attacking the state of the game, and the effort going into it, you said something like:

I've noticed that you are quite busy, and it seems you could use a hand taking some of the low level work off your hands. Have you considered outsourcing so that it doesn't keep you so busy and the daily things take care of themselves?

Phrasing aside, the game runs pretty well, gets regular updates and the personal attention of the developer. That's pretty hard to beat.

In respectful disagreement,
Quietude.

No Signature

Time Posted: May 14 2013 01:25 am EDT
Last updated: June 22 2013 08:45 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: