You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Admin Whisky

[+1] [-1]

Subject: well
Firstly i applaud you for trying to come up with ideas for game improvements that are more than, "such and such needs to change" and actually suggesting ways to go about the changes with reasons behind the ideas. and not just offering big gains to players

but

there are aspects of the idea i personally think are interesting. but the concept as a whole is flawed. as others say it supposes that everyone is geared around venning. Even the big clans need to take a break from time to time. well this is all well and good once there is only 10 clans left in the game as no clan will then truly loose, therefore protection isnt needed etc and the whole basis of the idea becomes stale.

people wouldnt bother creating new clans because it would be too difficult for them to setup and be competitive at the same time.

and thats before you get to the point of the actual people themselves. you mention realism well imagine you bought a car that was a year old but when you get it home the government come along and take it away from you because its not brand new (new cars help keep the motor industry going, people employed and create a competitive markets) am fairly damn sure you would be pissed off and rightly so.

thats the same for many of the clan owners. i know i for one bought a clan with rl money. and if it was under your idea i 1) wouldnt have bothered in the first place and 2) would be really pissed off if my clan was lost a month later.

in essence the economics of the idea just dont work.

now i mentioned there are aspects i like about the idea. namely the protective element. although i personally think it could be implemented in a different way.

my idea would be along the lines of

clan lists and is accepted for protection for following months venning

this protection is against loosing points in the ven (and it means they cant gain points either)

a protected clan member is attacked in the ven and looses the fight, the clan offering protection would loose the 1 cbr point from that battle

a protected clan member is attacked in the ven and wins the battle, the clan offering protection would gain the 2 cbr points for that battle

now to aid a clan become a protectorate another building needs to be developed that boosts a protected clan's member's defense if they are attacked in the ven only

notice i say attacked and not attacking if the protected clan member attacks in the ven the winning or loosing of the cbr points is applied to there clan

this would mean a clan has a greater incentive to offer protection to another clan. The clause is only 1 clan can be protected at a time. but there is potential to make greater cbr points by offering the protection but the risk is loosing more as well.

that i think would create a less predictable and therefore more volatile venning month and create a greater clan strategy method.

thats my opinion anyway. people will disagree with areas of it and thats in their opinion. but it is a way i can see that still remains fair to everyone either venner or not. it also means that there is still a healthy selection of clans for people to choose from so they can play there game while belonging to a group of like minded individuals

No Signature

Time Posted: January 25 2012 08:16 am EST
Last updated: January 25 2012 02:17 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: