You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Mim

[+1] [-1]

Subject: gold taxes avoidance and levels
ok, i know it's not going to be a popular idea.

but as i understood it, making a gold tax and putting those having Eminence outside of this tax was made to force the people to level up a bit.

problem is that we level down immediately because all the ven action is at lower levels, and despite the higher gain in plats in forest etc beeing high level is a bit lonely.

now, if we transform the tax avoidance not for Eminence, but for people beeing over level 100 (with or without eminence) that might force people to climb up and stay at high levels, and would not put the economy of the game in danger since in theory, all people (well all the actives anyway) would level up and the ven action with element purchases and level up/down would be placed at higher levels.

Advantages:

- newcomers in the game would be left in peace since they would not be the target of ven action at lower levels. That would maybe motivate them to actually stay inside the game, since they would have more time to build up and explore. It would also normalize a bit the game, with strong players at high levels and weak players at low levels.

- we would benefit from the higher exp (demon leveling) higher gain in dark forest, and maybe some new features that would be accessible only at high level.

Disadvantages

- element sale. It'll take several months to reequilibrate the game and have the venning placed at higher levels. There also will be less targets because we won't be able to kill all the newbies that actually log in and never log back (i know there is a x month inactivity shut down of the accounts or something similar that should be/come in place to limit that but well). But on the other hand, having a game with an economy based on players that don't play is a bit weird, in my opinion ?

Just thoughts.

Time Posted: January 18 2012 06:09 am EST
Last updated: January 18 2012 06:10 am EST

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: