You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Roger Ramjet

[+1] [-1]

Subject: WalksinSilence
I too used to have a problem with that same issue in the game. My biggest issue used to be the ability of players who have massive stats being able to level down and kill off players who are just playing the game. Over time I have come to accept that payers get advantages because they pay and that is life. There are so many other areas you can get into rather then just the ven. If you still want to ven you can but try using beef stew (makes you unattackable for a period), bitter green leaves (makes you invisible in the ven for a period), try and gain more ability to part with souls, obtaining the ven camo garment etc. Sometimes you will find that you will have very generous clan members if you find a good clan. If you stay with them and contribute so they know you are serious it can bring rewards This does all take time and as you can see I have been here over 2 years. Give it time and accept certain issues, this will then give you a different outlook.

Having said all that I have always maintained and my previous posts will atest to this, but there has to be an area of the game where it is 'more or less' a level playing field where paying does not get you far. Moreover you have to spend the time and effort playing that area to become good. I concentrated on seafaring (when it was not buyable) and outposts so I could get some satisfaction in the game. Unfortunatley these areas are disappearing fast, now even lumbering where you can now buy levels that once took ages to obtain, especially for those with low ability levels.

IMO it will slowly strangle the life out of the game and the gap between new players and vetrans will get wider with newer players not staying or coming to the game. Yes I accept that paying players keep the game going and they get compensated for that in the ven and now seafaring and other areas. If a game that advertises it is free to play then some areas within that game should remain so and to get ahead you should be able to play and not pay to get ahead. This again IMO will encourage new players to stay as they need to do X to get ahead to get Y.

Hope this helps and I do know what you mean.

Cheers

No Signature

Time Posted: July 30 2011 11:17 pm EDT
Last updated: August 2 2011 10:19 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: