You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Well
I doubt such a change as making gold in bank and hand taxed would go over very well as even those who talk about adapting would be left with few options to keep their hard earned gold from disapearing into nothingness, completely degrading whatever they did to generate that gold in the first place.

It is not that i disagree with the tax, or the graded rates (i mentioned flat rate taxes only to use as an example of why taxes arent for slowing down the wealthy, but for the larger infrastructure of that community) but only with how it disappears like it never mattered that you made it in the first place. That is why I push for if keeping the tax, it should be an actual tax and not a fee, the gold should be used for something and not disappear.

A good first step would be a competition that has multiple tiers of entrance levels (like non subby, subby, ultra... or based on stats, or some other guideline) but with all sections having the same prize. This would allow financed players to face others within their own range allowing everyone a better chance at their respective prizes. Such a comp should also be clan independant, which would create more compeition like the town fights did. A small entrance fee could be charged, differing depending on the entrance class, which would also help to remove the gold in game a bit more along with the tax that would in turn fund the prizes of the comp. It could be an overall top killer comp, or most fish caught, or various other options... but such a tiered system would be a strong first step as when competiting only against those on a level plain with yourself, only the most active would succeed in winning; allowing lower levels to eventually move up the ranks into higher categories.

This is a very rough draft that i just thought of as a response to your question, but im sure there are other first steps, and perhaps better ones as well.

Time Posted: June 24 2011 12:25 am EDT
Last updated: June 24 2011 12:25 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: