You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Quiet_Quince

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Hmmm ... loopholes are a good point
I suspect a few of my friends will want to kill me for what i point out now..... but.....

If they make it gold in hand + gold in bank all of the personal loopholes are closed.

On the other hand, i kinda think people dodging taxes compensates thieves for their autosweep caused revenue decline. ( when they fail to renew beef stew etc).

As for the purpose of taxes.... that is an interesting and worthwhile debate not limited to DW. Because the infrastructure of DW is in fact supported by $$$ not by in game gold, i think the idea of taxation to support wider infrastructure may be a bit skewed. i do however like the idea of creating a system to redistribute wealth in the purpose of (salightly) mitigating the gap between those who donate to the game and those who do not.

To me an economy needs to remain fluid, and there are people both in RL and DW who derive disproportionate benefit from the way the system is organized.... in the case of those individuals, a sliding scale of taxes is fully justified.

What do you think would be a necessary first step to slow the widening gap?

No Signature

Time Posted: June 24 2011 12:09 am EDT
Last updated: June 24 2011 12:25 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: