You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Quiet_Quince

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Brussel sprouts vs. twinkies
This is like brussel sprouts - they may not always taste good, but they are good for us.

This update is actually to help the bottom half of the community. While there will always be a gap between the stronger and weaker players, the gap was becoming unmanageable with the combination of the in clan potion shop and the huge gold earnings.

Let me try to explain what i mean:

Potion Shop:
How long will it take an active player with moderate energy to earn 50 million for potion shop? i would think around a month? But a player with high energy can earn the same in half the time( or in some cases less). By pricing the potions higher on each round, Felt has effectively slowed the rate of growth for the bigger players. This will help keep the gap from growing as quickly.

Taxes:
First - Be honest - how many people are paying the 2%? The only time i even payed 1% was when my resources sold (illustrating the point that this somewhat slows moderate spenders). I am happy to see bigger players than myself cough up 1-2% while i give up 0.1% ( no offense guys...).

Second - This will increase the cost of storing gold for fair potions for those that aggregate massive resources. Again, effectively slowing down the richest.

Third - This will increase the cost of storing gold for proifiteering off of others selling resources to buy fair potions. Once again slowing down the wealthiest.

Lumber Level -
I'm ambivalent. i understand that if the developers can make the commitment to be on daily, it is fair to ask us to be on weekly. I will put my faith in their experience (which it turns out exceedes my own) and hope that this does indeed increase online activity.

At the end of the day - I don't particularly enjoy these updates - I was intending to become a rich profiteer - the DW dream. But like brussel sprouts and fiber, I'm pretty sure it's good for the system.

If we are going to have a diuscussion on the update, instead of complaining, let's focus on intent and effectiveness. Taxes in the real world are also a countermeasure to those who aggregate wealth and power. if we expect tax systems and administrations to help keep economies and wealth fluid, how can we fault developers for doing the same in our little world here?

No Signature

Time Posted: June 23 2011 11:00 pm EDT
Last updated: June 24 2011 02:44 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: