You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Alternative Suggestions for Bank Taxes

Ok, before starting, this is not about complaining about the update, or adapting to avoid it, but to try and make the update itself better overall. I have two suggestions here that I would like feedback and suggestions about, and maybe working together we can come up with something Felt thinks will work better then the current system.

First Suggestion:

There is a need to remove gold from the game in order to eventually reduce an inflated economy. That can be seen as the reason for this tax in my opinion, in simple terms. But is the current tax the right way to go about it? Many people seem to not like having their banks "taxed" and those that have no problem with the update arent because they can live with it, but because they can live with getting around it.

In response to this situation, what I propose is removing the Bank "tax" (I keep saying "tax" since it is more of a fee then a tax) and instead instituting a proper sales tax. Determine a set amount, like say 10% (just to use for explanation and not necesarily the number to use), and apply it to each gold transaction (players, markets, auction, shops, etc). For example, say a person buys an element from me for 10m, with the tax deducted of 10%, I would only receive 9m.

Negatives:
- Markets would rise slightly as sellers will raise prices to put the tax off on the buyer (selling for 11m to still get 10m)
- Would remove the gold more slowly then the current "tax"

Positives:
- The market fluctuation would be less noticeable then the current changes we are seeing, and would stabilize over time anyway
- Would still allow players that wish to save to still do so easily, while still removing the gold over time.
- Would be much more realistic
- No way to get around it like current bank "tax", yet something people can deal with easier

Second Suggestion:

Now, changing from a bank tax to a proper sales tax wouldnt be enough to make this update actually realistic or acceptable. My thought process behind this is that taxes are used for a purpose, where as these taxes just disappear forever. In response to this, my suggestion is to take the collective taxes collected from everyone and convert them into GC or something to use as prizes for various competitions throughout the game.

Negatives:
- None that I can see, but could have missed something

Positives:
- Giving the tax a use is the final ingredient of being real tax, and seeing where the money goes will make it easier to accept for people despite the unavoidability of the sales tax over the bank "tax".
- Once the collected gold is converted to the GC or whatever and given out as prizes, even if sold in market the amount of gold will not go up again
- Would provide more opportunities for the non-spending players to compete.

So, thoughts, ideas, suggestions, criticisms etc?

Time Posted: June 18 2011 12:43 pm EDT
Last updated: June 19 2011 12:02 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: