You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

_Andrew_

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Prt 3 Rise of Zaccius
Rise of Zaccius

Zaccius paused when he heard voices, familiar voices. He gave a sly smile “Zandroch…” he muttered. “Dear brother of mine… I found you much sooner than I anticipated”

The feathers of his wings fluttered as he pulled them back in close to his body and continued walking, heading for the sound of the voices.

“I could say the same, brother.” Zandroch said, stepping out in front of Zaccius. “I have been hoping I would find you again.”

Zaccius smiled “We have some... unfinished business… as I recall.”

“Exactly, dear brother, and I intend to finish it today.”

“As do I, brother of mine. So why don’t we get this started, shall we?” Zaccius pulled out both his swords, grinning slyly.

“We shall!” Zandroch replied as he pulled his father’s sword out.

“Then let us begin.” Zaccius twirled his two swords, which were crusted with dried blood, and then launched himself at Zandroch.

Zandroch laughed and lunged forward, his sword extended in one hand. “Isn’t this what you have wanted all along dear brother?”

“How smart you are, my young brother. But I won’t be satisfied until your dead, the sword is mine, and our father’s blessing belongs to ME, like it should be.” Zaccius slashed at Zandroch with one of his swords, and Zandroch blocked it with his own.

“Well the only way you’ll have, this sword is if you pry it from my cold dead hands.” Zandroch then lashed out at Zaccius’s face with his left hand. Zaccius brought around his other sword and blocked his fist before breaking out of the lock.

“And that’s just what I’ll do, because today... you will breath. Your. Last.” Zaccius sneered as he jumped forward again and slashed at Zandroch with both his swords, one after the other without cease. Zandroch parried each of the hits with his one sword, but he was still on the defense. One of the swords managed to graze his shoulder and Zandroch only scoffed

“HA! That is only a scratch compared to what I will do to you beloved brother.”

“Oh how foolish you are, little brother of mine. Admit you do not stand a chance against me and that you will be the one laying dead and cut to pieces on the ground, brother!” Zaccius laughed as he continued to slash at Zandroch with his swords.

“I will NEVER admit it! It is not true!” Zandroch screamed at Zaccius as he whipped out his second sword from its sheath and jabbed it at Zaccius’s gut.

Zaccius jumped out of the way and grinned, chuckling “Getting desperate and losing your temper now are we, baby brother? That just shows how weak you really are.”

“Who said I was losing my temper?”

"Now, now, Zandroch. I thought we raised you better than that. Lying is a sin, and we all know what the punishment for sin is... correct?" Zaccius smiled as he lunged at Zandroch with his swords again.

Zandroch parried the blows with an upward sweep and said “The punishment for sin is death, but you have committed many more sins than I have, my dear brother.”

“Have I now? You can blame father for that one.” Zaccius grinned and swiped at him again before snarling “After all, he committed a grave sin when he gave his blessing to you rather than the OLDEST SON like he was SUPPOSED to, and not to some wimpy kid like YOU!”

“Now, DEAR brother, who is letting their temper overcome them?” Zandroch says as he jumps up and lands on the blade, kicking off of it and into the air over Zaccius’s head.

“I’m not letting my temper overcome me. I just… temporarily let it talk.” Zaccius grinned, flapping his wings once and jumping into the air. “Dear brother, what have you been doing since I saw you last… what was it… four months ago?”

“Yes it has been four months, but I don’t see how it is any of your gods damned business what I’ve been doing.” Zandroch says as he rises into the air with a flap of his wings.

“I bet you spent ALL that time just trying to find me. I am deeply honored that you cared so much about our business, but I had some better things to do you know? Fighting two fellows -- who are MUCH stronger than you are-- for four months and as you can see... I am still alive. One unfortunate fellow is dead and the other ran away.” Zaccius smiled. “Do you know what I am trying to say here?”

“Yes, but why don’t you tell me anyway?”

Zaccius smiled and stared Zandroch in the eyes “You can’t win.” And he very slowly shook his head knowingly as he continued “No matter how hard you try.” Then he laughed and he took both his swords and slammed them through Zandroch’s chest all the way to the hilt. “You see what I mean?”

Zandroch looked down at the swords and grabbed their hilts and he stumbled backwards. “I lost… defending what meant the world to me…so I do not die in vain. I die for that which I loved most, the blessing of our father. Dearest brother, Good-bye.”

Zaccius scowled “Shut up and die already, for this is the Rise of Zaccius.” He sneered and then planted a firm kick on his brother’s midsection and sent him plummeting back down towards the ground. “And the fall of Zandroch.”

Zandroch, as he is plummeting down towards the ground, says a silent prayer. “Father, I have failed y--” and he hit the ground, forming a massive crater, Zaccius’s swords puncturing the ground beneath him and pinning him there rather than pushing back out of his chest, or breaking on impact.

Zaccius smiled and laughed, dropped back to the ground and landing next to his brother’s body. “Alas... I finally have what I want. You see this father? This is all your fault.”

Time Posted: April 22 2011 01:35 pm EDT
Last updated: April 22 2011 01:35 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: