You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

_Andrew_

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Prt 4 The Punishment for Sin is Death
The Punishment for Sin is Death

Zaccius smiled and laughed. He opened his eyes wide and looked to the sky before looking back down on his brother, Zandroch’s, dead body. Zaccius bent down and grabbed their father’s sword from Zandroch’s hand and then held it up to the sky. “Now will you give me what I so deserve, beloved father? I have bested your Favorite in a fight; I believe that makes ME the better son. You’re blessing is mine now, father, and so is your sword.”

Zaccius ran his fingers along the blade of the sword, taking in its beauty before looking down at his brother’s dead body. “Dear brother, it was a pity you had to get in my way.” Zaccius sheathed the sword and then ripped one of his swords out of the heart of Zandroch and sheathed it, leaving his other sword in his body. “You can keep that, dear brother of mine. A parting gift, if you will.”

Zaccius then turned and walked away from Zandroch before spreading his black wings wide and launching himself into the air. It wasn’t long before someone stopped him.

Zaccius stopped as a figure appeared in front of him, several meters ahead. Zaccius tilted his head to the side and narrowed his eyes, examining the figure… then it hit him – Literally. Zaccius felt the wind pushed violently out of his lungs as the figure suddenly disappeared and reappeared, slamming him in the chest and carrying him back down to the ground, pulling up at the last second to plant a foot on his chest and slam him down onto the ground before landing lightly next to Zaccius.

The figure stepped forward and looked down at Zaccius and into his eyes and Zaccius stared back at him.

“You continue to disappoint me, Zaccius.”

Zaccius swallowed hard.

“Do you honestly THINK you will gain my favor this way?!” the figure demanded.

Zaccius said nothing.

“STAND UP!”

Zaccius slowly stood and faced his father – An Angel.

“Look at yourself and what do you see?” The figure paused before continuing. “Do you see someone worthy. Of my. BLESSING!?” the world blessing was spoken louder because at the word, he grabbed Zaccius by the throat and lifted him up off the ground. Zaccius grabbed his father by the forearms to try and support his weight, his legs just dangling. His father threw him into the tree.

Zaccius hit the tree and slid to the ground before standing back up again. Zaccius thought about how he had fought two battles that day, what more was another before midnight? Zaccius pulled out his sword, and then Zandroch’s sword and faced his father. “In fact… I do. And I am going to do, whatever it takes” Zaccius launched himself at the angel. “TO GET IT!”

The Angel dodged and drew his sword, turning and facing Zaccius, and then holding the blade in front of him, one hand on the flat of the blade. There was a resounding ring as metal struck metal an instant later. The Angel whipped his sword back and thrust it forward the instant later. Zaccius blocked it with his other sword and jumped back before jumping back at his father, swords trailing behind him. When Zaccius got near he whipped both swords around, crossing them in front of him. From there he whipped them back again and then thrust them forward at the angel’s chest, throwing all his momentum into it. The Angel parried the attacks with his sword and then spun the blade, ripping one sword from Zaccius’s grasp and knocking the other away before planting a hard kick into Zaccius’s midsection. Zaccius grabbed the angel’s leg and whipped him around and sending him flying. The Angel put out a hand onto the ground and flipped back around, landing with his feet planted firmly on the ground. He put his arms out in front of him, across his face, bending down to brace himself, fists clenched tightly and his sword pointed behind him. Zaccius slammed into his arms and send him sliding back, dirt billowing up around his feet as they dug into the ground and carved deep rivets into the earth.

Zaccius stopped and leaned back, dodging as the Angel suddenly took his right arm back and then swung it at him, fist followed by sword, the sword curving along his forearm and beyond. The tip of the sword narrowly missed Zaccius’s chin before he spread him wings and jumped back with a single flap of his wings and landed a few yards away. The Angel twisted back around, flipping his sword in his hand and gripped it normally again as he lunched towards Zaccius again. Zaccius parried the blade with one sword and then thrust toward his with the other, but the Angel dodged just out of range and then jumped at Zaccius again, but he jumped into the air and dodged. The Angel looked up and then, with a flap of his wings, launched himself into the air after Zaccius.

Zaccius looked down at him from above and continued to fly up, his father gaining on him fast. Zaccius twirled his swords in his grasps and then turned toward the angel, holding them out at his sides. The Angel gripped the hilt of his sword in both hands and pulled back the blade before thrusting it forward at Zaccius. Zaccius blocked the blade with both his sword and then pulled one back, thrusting it forward and through the midsection of his father, a grin on his face. The Angel suddenly went limp dropping his sword and it plummeted towards the ground. The angel hung on Zaccius’s sword and Zaccius slowly raised it above his head, grinning and laughing, but it was suddenly cut short and the angel looked up and stared him in the eyes. Zaccius’s eyes went wide as the Angel grabbed the sword in both hands and pulled himself down the blade towards Zaccius. One of the Angel’s bloody hands whipped out and grabbed Zaccius by the neck. Zaccius dropped his swords and grabbed his father’s forearms as the angel lifted him up, staring him in the eyes, the sword still imbedded in his midsection.

“You have brought upon yourself many great sins, Zaccius.” The Angel said.

Zaccius’s breathing was hard and fast, trying to breathe through his father’s choking grasp.

“And you know what the punishment for sin is… Right son?”

Zaccius struggled and clawed at his father’s arm, trying to get free.

“The punishment for sin… is DEATH!” the angel shoved his hand right through Zaccius’s stomach at the word ‘death’ and it protruded out the other side, dripping with blood. Zaccius’s eyes went wide and blank, he gurgled and choked and then his father ripped his hand back out of his stomach. All struggling suddenly ceased and Zaccious’s arms dropped to his side as he went limp. The angel scowled and then dropped Zaccius to the ground, staring after his son’s dead body.

“You have always disappointed me. There is a reason why I chose Zandroch over you.” With that the Angel pulled the sword out of his gut and dropped that to the ground as well before vanishing as the sun dipped below the horizon and surrendered the day to the darkness of the new moon.

Time Posted: April 22 2011 01:33 pm EDT
Last updated: April 22 2011 01:33 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: