You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Eddie_the_Kid

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Skills as Orbs
So I was thinking about the current skill system and how for demon skills you have to equip and orb to the demon and it made me consider a slightly adapted version for players as well.

As it stands now, when you obtain a skill, it is just listed under your config space forever. But if a new tab was made in inventory for orbs and all skills where made into orbs things would be a bit different.

When you obtain a skill, you get it as an orb which then is added to this new tab. Once you have the skill, you shouldnt have to get the orb again like with the demons. What I instead propose is that instead of the skill orbs breaking, they would merly crack and need to be repaired by ruben at some predefined cost depending on the skill. How often the skill breaks should also be predetermined and set for each skill, with none being less then say 200 uses... the weaker or more common the skill, the higher the number of times you can the skill before its orb cracks. Only succssful hits will contribute to the cracking, not misses. And of course if your skill is tweaked, or you have the orb ring then they wouldnt crack at all.

A limit could also be set on the number of skill orbs you can equip. Maybe something around 5. And it would be only these skills that show in the settings area, while the others would be listed in your orb inventory.

If/when an orb market comes out and/or orbs become tradable then this would open up another whole new area as people could sell or loan skills to others, depending on level requirements for the skill of course.

Thoughts?

Time Posted: March 24 2011 11:34 am EDT
Last updated: March 24 2011 11:34 am EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: