You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Anathema

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Hmm.
Before DW, I was not a clan oriented person. If I played other games, I preferred being alone.

In Dark Warriors, the clan systems are pretty much a vital part of the game. You cannot play properly without a clan, I guess, unless you're a self financed power leveler.

Originally, for me. Starting out on world one, actually playing.. There was no clan without Eddie. He was the clan to me, as he was the person I spoke to most.

As it was the first time I really ever played the game, I'd speak to my mentor and friend and I was somewhat shy when it came to my clan, TKOTM.

I slowly started posting in forums when Eddie decided he was leaving to Farmers, this of course had me worried. I wondered if I'd be left behind, and if I'd be wanted if I did stay without Eddie.

As I've mentioned before, I was once very shy. Eddie spoke to Farmers, and he must have said decent things. As I was invited to join their clan. I felt very relieved, it helped me think I did not annoy Eddie as much as I thought I might.

And for some reason, Farmers instantly became home. I would not shut up, I think. For the whole time I was there, I was a chatty thing. I had my friends, they were my family and although things have changed now. I still appreciate my time there.

I gained confidence in that clan, some of it. Farmers felt like the first real clan to me, my home. Although Eddie was my mentor, I will not forget what I learnt from being a Farmer.

However.

I felt too comfortable, and at the same time, restless. I had visited a few clans on little missions, and that was always fun. It made me experience more of the gaming community.

One of those clans was Murder Incorporated, and I liked the differences. They were not a big ven clan, but they were still a family and while I was there, I felt like I was welcome.

I think, if I had not been a part of Fun House's creation.. I'd have stayed with Murder Inc. for a little longer, at least.

When I left Farmers, it was very difficult. I'd imagine it would feel similar to leaving home as a young adult. I was heading out to start my own clan, I needed a change in the game. It was my time.

After all that has happened, I won't regret any of it, I love my clan and it's clannie's and if any of them decide to move on. I'll understand.

Exploring the game is good, trying different things is good. I just hope my clan members feel that sense of home when they think back of all the clans they have been too.

I'm happy I've found a home in my own clan, that I was there to create.

As long as people have fun, in this big world of Dark Warriors. Just remember it's a game, we're here for fun.

Time Posted: March 23 2011 04:18 pm EDT
Last updated: March 23 2011 04:18 pm EDT

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: