You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

RavenKnight

[+1] [-1]

Subject: Mentors and Idols...
We all remember when we first arrived in Westland, blinking at the wonders and saying 'oooooh, look at the shiny shiny' in the various shops. But what I want to know is, who guided you through those early days? Did you get recruited by a major clan, and mentored by those clannies? Did you mentor yourself? Or did an older player take you under his/her wing and taught you everything they knew?

Just to get you started, here is my story:

I recall, for me, my real DW journey started a couple of weeks into playing, when I received an invite to join Dark Destroyers. I was a quiet clannie, but once I started posting in DD's forums, I quickly became a respected member of the DD community, rising to Finance Officer soon after I had written a couple of Guides for the Library. In this respect, St. Vitgeouse was my mentor. He taught me a lot about DW, but I always sensed a hatred/fear of betrayal lurking under the surface of his clan pages, which also taught me the value of loyalty within DW. I remember when a young buck called SAJASE first joined us under St. V, and eventually rose to become an officer alongside myself, then owner of what then became the Templers of Aine. And then, through weddings and divorces, for a long time, SAJASE was both my closest DW friend (besides Blaze, of course), and something akin to my mentor, I vowed to carry on ruling my camping wing of his new venning clan in a similar style to his own. Of course, eventually, Hooligan became involved, and I came to respect Hool as a leader and a friend, and RF and RFR were born. I still remember the days when I fought against him in the ven as Caco_WL

Finally, when I was still FO under SAJASE, I started to post in the main DW forums. And there was a shiny shiny FF-obsessed maniac known as Strife. It was he who 'taught' me the ways of the spam, and I also endevour to be as random and annoying as Strife (on occasion ).

So, to summarise, for me, it would be:
St. V, SAJASE, Hool, and Strife

I've said my piece, now it's your turn!

Time Posted: March 21 2011 05:35 am EDT
Last updated: March 28 2011 10:30 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: