You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Roger Ramjet

[+1] [-1]

Subject: That is the eternal
question. From a personal point of view and anyone can feel free to disagree as in the past.

There has to be an element of the game that non-spenders or low spenders (not everyone has or wants to spend the amount needed to be a top venner) that they can compete on a more or less level playing field with the top venners who constantly farm them.

For me it was seafaring, now I rarely go there except to fish to help the clan, otherwise I would not be there much. It used to be a really great area of the game where no matter what you spent you could compete against the top venners in the game.

Outposts is another area I concentrated and to date it is not 'buyable' although with the changes to ore the cost is very high in building troops/farms/mines and to a lot not very profitable.

If this changes the way seafaring has then I will be visting a lot less and atm all I do is train, fish, sometimes post and then leave. I used to be on for hours at sea but as stated that changed. Most of the changes so far and again you can disagree, have benefited the paying players more then the non-players. Don't get me wrong I know this is a business and they have to make money and contrary to what others say I don't hold anything against payers and I think others have tried to imply that and muddy the waters in the past about what I have said.

Some like myself would have been content to just do seafaring if it had stayed the same and would still been here for long periods. I ven a little and mostly am just fodder as my logs would show but I was active, in a lot of areas, which is what we want?.

So that is the dilema that the developers face, open up all areas to make more money and more then likely lose non/small spending players or try and keep those area's 'level' to encourage them to stay to keep the game fresh. I do not envy Tom and his team and I know they try and to have kept a text based web game like this going for as long as they have is a great achievment in itself.

The advertising for the game states it is free to play but we all know that is only half true....when you play a game like this you want to win at something and not just be everyones door mat. I have over nearly two years heard all the comments e.g. other areas of the game and I have done that and been very active in a lot of areas but this is a fighting game whether it be CBR, CPR or outposts and that is where the game is centred.

I even go through the players lists and look when they were last active and it is very common to see vetrans and even entire clans now inactive, even though they still have lots of subbie days left (more then the gifts Tom has given in the past). Imagine how much gold/gems etc they all have stored up that are now not used in the game?. If you doubt that, do your own research, I have.

I know there are other reasons for people leaving and I have heard that before and acknowledge it but I am talking from my point of view and why I am returning less and considered leaving (some may be happy for that to happen). Again this is my point of view and what I believe explains to some degree what scirocco is saying. As I said, agree/disagree that is your right.

No Signature

Time Posted: March 20 2011 09:14 pm EDT
Last updated: March 21 2011 03:38 am EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: