You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

grmann

[+1] [-1]

Subject: I think you hit the nail right on the head
The people with basic ships don't have any incentive to go out and spend time trying to sink anybody, because there isn't anybody they can sink and they'll get sunk every 5 minutes by everybody else. So all they do is a little fishing and then get off the water as quick as possible. Trying to find people to sink just wastes money and loses CPR points. Bottom line: it's just not worth the effort.

But then there aren't any targets for the people one rung up the ladder, so they also adopt the fish and get out strategy. Ditto for 2 rungs up, and so forth. Eventually, the only people spending significant time on the water are the people at the very top, who aren't in danger of getting sunk.

If the people at the bottom can be given a reasonable advancement path as a reason to spend more time out on the water, the rest of the issues should work themselves out eventually. Until that issue gets addressed though, I think anything else the developers do with seafaring will just be window dressing.

For me the real acid test of when that's been fixed will be when I start getting logs that read: "So-and-So has attacked your warship and lost." Because that will mean that there are actually some low level ships out there trying to level themselves up.

Time Posted: March 4 2011 09:15 pm EST
Last updated: March 5 2011 06:25 pm EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: