You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Karma_Jack

[+1] [-1]

Subject: (Best Bassist) In response to best guitar player...
James Marshal has got to be considered because of his huge influence in such a short time. And like someone said...it's not about speed, technique, etc, it's about feeling and soul, & Hendrix made his guitar an extension of not just himself, but of his soul.
If ever a guitarist could have been said to have sold his soul...hmmm, only 3 yrs, makes you think, don't it? Does it **** he was just awesome!

but...there's just too many...Gilmour, Santana, Clapton, Townsend, Fripp, Robby Krieger (The Doors) did some pretty special stuff too...and some I've never heard of...but what about the greatest BASS players?

I know there not as exciting, (not my opinion, obviously) but a top, stand-out bassist can give a good band that touch of awesomeness to make it a great, unforgettable band.

If anyone wants to play...I'll kick off...I'm having 5 coz I can't pick one! In order...

John Entwistle, (aka: The Ox, The Who).
Paul Simonon, ((Clash) Check cover of London Calling, nuff said).
John Paul Jones, (Led Zep).
Flea, (RHCP).
Jean Jaques Burnell, (The Stranglers...coz I learnt bass by playing along side him & Simonon on my old 33 & a 3rd rpm lps)....It's ok kids, ignore granpa...
It's time for me brain meds again.

Vote!

Time Posted: October 28 2010 05:28 pm EDT
Last updated: December 2 2010 07:17 am EST

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: