You can also play Dark Warriors on
Back to post list
Back a step

Admin Begbie

[+1] [-1]

Subject: All this talk of Re-builds . . .
I think we should be spending our time reflecting on what we have enjoyed about this current edition of DW and less on the prospects on what awaits.

So, as a homage to all that has been great and all that we have loved, please post below some of your memories, your laughs, the challenges met and overcame, the high points and low points and of course the friendships developed during the past few years.

All of what you post is a credit to the hard work and dedication the Development team have given to our continued enjoyment of this much loved world. It is also a credit to all of us as players who have and continue to enjoy it so much that we return daily, if not hourly to lumber, mine, fish and build . . . and occasionally fight LOL.

My memories of my original noobness (currently still a noob but have now achieved a higher grade of noobness). Are signing up based on a friends recommendation and being fortunate to join a clan that has forged friendships that last to this day not only in DW but through MSN and Skype. The guidance and support in those early days are what seen me through that learning curve and from there my addiction was born.

Ven was the clans speciality and the ven is where my heart lies. I recall the continued log entries and defeat after defeat. How the rest of my clan were so supportive and seeked revenge on my behalf. I especially remember the endless thievery that robbed my hard earned 100's from the Lumber mill (you know who you are !!!). CBRs were fought and won . . . as well as lost, but the rivalry between clans led us to some dubious tactics, not me of course. The best laugh I had is that associated with the FARMERS. A mighty clan now and by far the best seen in this revision of DW, but in their early days we did challenge, and occasionally beat them and those were days I will remember well after the rebuild.

My 'naughtiest' memory is of one of us sneaking in and finding out their online chat room details. Then, under the cover of darkness, sneaking in under false FARMER names. We were there (3 of us) for a while, trying to get their tactics, what they had planned, their stats . . . anything they would say to help us in our battle for the CBR, before inevitabl being exposed for the true villains we were. I swear we did not find out anything tactically or advantagous as we were all slightly drunk at the time . . . . but the laughs it gave us kept us amused well after they whopped us in the CBR.

Onion . . . . a scholar and a gentleman.

My mistakes . . . . so numerous they scare me, the big ones were as follows:

Selling a Peakan Shield and a War Hammer in the shop for mere 1'000s when they were retailing on the markets for millions.

Getting an accidental steal of multiple millions and not realising it until my logs lit up like christmass trees and most of it gone to other ruthless pickpockets (not too bad as i was left with 9 million . . .but if I had only noticed, ce la vie).

My rowboat, spent a fortune on it before taking it out on its maiden voyage, no idea how to turn so inevitably WHOOP dead and sunk within minutes on its maiden voyage. Titanic rowboat still lies on the seabed, upgraded to a warship that remains in dry docks as it cost to much to risk LOL.

The Troll invasion . . . . QUALITY time and great fun.

The fair and my 1 billion gold addiction to those yummy potions, can still taste them !!

. . . and I will admit to accidentally selling 10 Sapphires for 3 gold each . . . . I forgot all the silly zeros !!!

and MANY MANY more.

Bring on the Re-Build, but LOVE the current build !!!

Time Posted: July 22 2010 07:26 am EDT
Last updated: July 22 2010 05:29 pm EDT

Replies:

Add reply:
Subject:
Body: